We’re officially parade-ready! Are you?
THEME: Back Yard BBQ!
WHEN: Sunday, June 25th, meet at 11am
WHERE: Float will be staged at 4th Ave between Spring and Seneca Streets, near the Seattle Public Library (look for the 25′ truck with a picket fence and Metropolist banners on the side and front).
WHO: You! Us! Evergreen Treatment Services!
- REACH! We are so pleased to be sponsoring and walking with ETS and the REACH program in the Seattle Pride Parade.
- It’s gonna be HOT! Please bring anything you need to be safe and comfortable, i.e. a water bottle, jacket, umbrella for sun or rain, sunscreen, sunglasses, preferred pocket snacks, etc. WATER BOTTLES NOT PROVIDED.
- Bring your kids! Leave the dog! If bringing children please consider a bicycle or stroller depending on their age. We’d hate to have you carrying your tired toddler unnecessarily.
- Snacks! It’s difficult for us to estimate how many folx will be walking with is. We will have a limited amount of small snacks (granola bars, fruit snacks, etc.) and a water container to refill bottles.
Please bring any of your favorites to keep in your pockets or pouch and start with a full water bottle or two.
- These boots were made for walking! This is a WALKING experience. The Route is .8 miles. But it’s slow, so we’ll be on our feet for multiple hours. There is very limited space on the truck. Do not count on riding. Wear comfortable shoes, have a stroller or scooter or bike for children, be prepared to carry it if they don’t want to be on it. Bring an umbrella for shade. Don’t count on stashing a lot of stuff on the truck. If someone is injured or struggling we will make space, but mostly we’ll all be walking and carrying our own gear!
- Fun Fun Fun! Think old school parade. Dance-walk to our DJ, laugh, be silly, hand out candy to kids and adults alike. It’s gonna be a blast!
- Wanna see what it’s like? Click HERE to see us in action last year!